We may earn a commission if you click on a link, but at no extra cost to you. Read our disclosure policy for information.
Desiring smooth and hydrated skin in no time?
Then, we present to you the 10 best Korean moisturizers and their reviews for 2021.
Korean moisturizers are known to provide positive effects on the skin.
It has become in demand when Korean beauty and skincare industries started introducing it in the market.
Now that Korean moisturizers are sought-after, it is still important to know which products are truly effective.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR FAVORITE PICKS…
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Korean Moisturizers Reviewed
Note that selecting the best Korean moisturizers should help you treat and prevent any type of skin issue.
Continue to love and take care of your skin by letting your chosen Korean moisturizer be an essential part of your daily facial care.
This product is great especially for those who happen to have dry and flaky skin.
It has an advanced formula that helps in alleviating damaged skin.
It is a good choice for those who have sensitive skin that easily breaks out but remains dehydrated as well.
What makes this product a bit different from other Korean moisturizers is that it is very mild and it does not have any fragrance at all.
Klairs work perfectly in hot weather hence you can avoid getting your skin dehydrated and irritable.
Also for cold weather especially for those experiencing winter, it does its job in defeating dry patches that make you uncomfortable.
However, this does not have SPF so it is also best recommended to use as a night cream to let your skin absorb its nutrients overnight or to apply during the day before you put on some sunscreen.
This product is rich in moisture and will get you fast results if you consistently use it twice a day.
Pros & Benefits:
- It is very gentle and does not cause skin irritation
- Its cream is not too thick and is breathable for the skin
- It does not clog the pores which makes it a great moisturizer for those who are acne-prone
- It soothes stinging skin and keeps the skin feeling comfortable
- It is clean and vegan which means it does not have any dyes or chemicals
This product is great to use after exfoliating the skin and can also cure over-exfoliated skin.
It is known for its slippy gel-cream texture and how it leaves a light feel on the skin.
It can be applied to the entire face and add another layer for a couple of minutes for extra absorption.
It absorbs very well and immediately in your skin and so it will not take a while for you to apply other products or perhaps when you are about to put on some makeup.
When combined with foundation or other products, it will not leave you with a cakey feeling.
Mizon relieves the skin from dryness and tightness which occurs most during windy or cold temperatures.
It leaves a semi-matte finish for you not to look shiny or oily which makes it an awesome find if you are always out and desire to look fresh and clean.
This product improves the skin as it helps make pores less noticeable as well as fine lines.
Pros & Benefits:
- It makes the skin smoother and firmer which is why it is known to be an anti-aging cream
- It helps in minimizing large and loosened pores making it less obvious
- Over time, it will diminish acne scars and other blemishes
- It does not have alcohol which quickly dries the skin and can be harsh in the long run
- It naturally makes skin look and feels healthier
This product has the authentic consistency and transparency of aloe vera.
Nature Republic has this light Aloe smell that is very pleasing.
It helps you achieve clear and acne-free skin once you use it daily.
It is quick to dry and is gel-like when applied, although it might feel a bit tacky at first.
This product nurtures the skin and leaves it with a cool and fresh feeling; it is simply perfect to use during the day.
It is advised to keep it in a cool area, perhaps your fridge, and that it is best used after washing the skin.
Spreading the Aloe Vera will help relieve skin irritability and inflammation; may it be a heat rash or sunburn, it’s promised to work as a real cooling aid.
Though it does contain alcohol, the product is very light on the skin and has its way of soothing.
Pros & Benefits:
- It can be a treatment for hyperpigmentation
- It has a significant role in lightening acne scars and making them less noticeable
- Applying a generous amount of its gel will boost the blood flow in your skin and will also defeat harmful bacteria on the surface of your skin
- It leaves the skin glowing, young, and fresh
- It can also be used as a quick relief for burning sensations like small scratches or abrasions
- It is ideal for oily skin because it absorbs easily yet it still seals in the moisture you need
4. L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Triple Power Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer, Pro Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid &...
This product improves the appearance of skin as it repairs its damaged cells and also replenishes its natural PH balance.
It is capable of making your skin feel radiant and naturally dewy because of the potent formula that activates and completely hydrates it from the surface and down to the roots.
It improves skin elasticity and achieves the desired youthful appearance.
Aside from vitamins and other essential ingredients, it also contains sodium hyaluronate which is known to do well in preserving moisture.
This cream does not feel greasy and is very light when applied onto the skin; making it trustworthy for people with naturally oily skin.
You will notice a hydrated and firmer skin instantly after use as its natural and organic ingredients take over in beautifying the skin.
It is good for sensitive skin as it is fragrance-free and locks in moisture without clogging the pores.
Pros & Benefits:
- It maintains sebum and ph balance which protects the skin from external sources of dehydration and any other damages
- It is organic and has Shea Butter and Sodium Hyaluronate as its main components
- This cream is capable of reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- It works well in deeply penetrating moisture and dewiness in the face
- It is hypoallergenic
- It rejuvenates the skin and improves it more and more when used regularly
This product is made from real royal honey which helps moisturize rough and dry skin.
Its ingredients are free from ten harmful chemicals and thus, it is good to use for sensitive and damaged skin.
It may not be best for those who are suffering from fungal acne or oily skin as it does contain sunflower oil which might trigger a break-out, however, it still keeps the skin in good moisture.
SKINFOOD Royal Honey can be mixed and layered with other serums or essential oils and assures non-flaky skin after use.
A huge difference can be observed after at least two weeks of regular use.
Since it is a honey-based product, it does have natural soothing and nourishing properties that can highly be beneficial for your skin.
It can produce an extra glow to your skin and is fragrance-free.
This cream can keep you moisturized for the whole day, applying it once is already enough to keep your skin hydrated for many hours.
Pros & Benefits:
- It is a great use during summertime
- It is practically a watery lotion and is not too heavy on the skin
- It glides on easily and lasts longer during the day
- It keeps the face moisturized because of its emollient base
- The royal jelly extract is truly intended for dry and crusty skin types
- It can be a great staple to an everyday skincare routine
This product has a hydro soothing effect that comforts skin and preserves its moisture.
ETUDE HOUSE is free from any fragrance and contains mineral oil and has a hypoallergenic formula.
It supports the skin barriers which protect the skin from weakening because of dryness and bad breakouts.
It is dermatologically tested and does not contain any ingredients that are harmful to the skin.
Its pure and rich moisture yet it is mild and can transform a more healthy feeling skin.
This product is good for any skin type, may it be insanely sensitive, eczema-prone, dry or combination, and especially for those who have easily dehydrated skin.
The cream is soft and almost scentless.
A little goes a long way, so a small finger scoop would already do.
Pros & Benefits:
- It keeps the skin smooth and moisturized all day long
- It has no additives
- It repairs and strengthens the skin barriers
- This product can speed up skin healing and improvement
- It is free from any animal materials
- It is non-irritating and non-comedogenic which makes a safe use for all skin types
This product wraps the skin with comfort and complete moisture.
It does not leave a heavy or greasy feeling but it maintains a clean and clear feeling.
This moisturizing bomb can cure your dry and sensitive skin with lightweight moisture.
It is the ideal cream for normal to dry skin and helps in softening fine lines or any signs of aging.
Belif is perfect for winter weather and can be applied even before putting on make-up or other facial products.
It provides fantastic hydration and makes the skin smell and look amazing.
For the normal skin type, it can reduce the chance of developing dryness or excessive oiliness and protects it from common skin issues like acne.
Pros & Benefits:
- It contains comfrey leaves that work as an anti-inflammatory agent and helps produce new skin cells
- Takes away the dullness of skin and leaves it feeling supple and deeply nourished
- It has oat extracts which are good for soothing the skin
- It treats uneven texture present in the skin and relieves it from unbearable dryness
- It is light enough for summer and moisturizing enough for cold winter weather
- It is a cushiony cream that is moderate in thickness and is formulated for ultra-moisturization
This product is rich in minerals and vegetable extracts that aid in strengthening the moisture of your skin.
These vegetable extracts include Brussel sprouts, artichoke, and lima beans that keep the skin hydrated throughout the day.
It would feel like you are applying water on your face as it simply calms and soothes the skin.
It works to improve your complexion; making it clear and well-balanced.
It has a nice and non-overwhelming scent; assuring you that it does not contain strong chemicals that might harm the skin.
Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream does quench your skin and maintains a good level of hydration.
It feels very mild and is free from any toxic or hazardous ingredients that may result in serious skin issues.
Pros & Benefits:
- It reduces excessive oil production
- It is very much versatile and can be used by all skin types
- Can be applied during the day and night as excellent skincare essential
- It contains Squalene oil which has a significant role in helping the skin age gracefully and helps in keeping the skin healthy with the right amount of moisture it needs
- This product is highly recommended for those who need an intense moisture boost
- It makes the skin vibrant naturally and you won’t be needing any more make-up to rescue you
This product has a great consistency and even though its cream can be thick it blends in well to the skin.
It contains Vitamin C which helps the skin treat dry skin and also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles because of its natural role in supporting the body’s collagen synthesis.
This cream is neither greasy nor oily unless you put too much amount on your skin, hence, there is no need to reapply although it can be used both day and night if you wish to.
You will notice that your face is feeling softer and much more radiant after using this lotion.
About Face, Organics is against using ascorbic acid since they are catering their service most to those who have very sensitive skin, which is why they made their cream with a bit of a gentler form of Vitamin C.
Although Vitamin C has a milder presence the formulation remains effective and can deeply moisturize the skin.
It is also a safe cream for those who have skin that is prone to inflammation, acne, eczema, or any adverse reactions.
The results will take effect after consistent use.
Pros & Benefits:
- Its Vitamin C ingredient will help rejuvenate the skin from being dull and uneven
- It has hyaluronic acid which is important in deeply enhancing your skin as well as other ingredients that would repair UV damage and protect it from external pollutants
- It is 100% vegan, cruelty-free and fragrance-free
- It contains a lot of fruit and plant extracts that work in efficacy to great skin
- This cream is formulated most especially for dry, mature, and stressed skin
- There is a large amount of coconut oil and aloe as its base to keep the skin looking young and hydrated
This product is perfect for sensitive skin and also has anti-aging properties which make it an all-in-one cream.
It helps the skin to improve both its tone and texture.
The snail cream works great for those seeking immediate improvement in terms of skin elasticity and brightness.
It has a high level of active ingredients and has a very appealing fragrance.
It works for complicated mixed skin types and has the perfect consistency to keep the skin moisturized enough.
This skincare cream absorbs well in the skin and it is not oily when applied to the face; this makes it good to wear underneath your makeup.
It contains high concentrations of snail mucin, particularly 97.5% that ensure better skin healing and moisturization, making it possible for you to achieve that glass skin look and glow.
Lastly, it aids in protecting the skin from free radicals that lead to damage.
Pros & Benefits:
- This cream contains shea butter, organic aloe, jojoba oil, and vitamins that work together in enhancing the skin’s moisture
- It does not clog the pores nor does it cause the skin to breakout
- It helps repair damaged tissues and restores hydration
- It improves the appearance of skin as it helps in diminishing scars, razor bumps, flat warts, and most especially dry skin
- This product also relieves burns, reduces age spots and wrinkles
- It is mainly used for the face and neck however it can still be used in any body part that needs healing and hydration, for instance, it can also diminish the appearance of stretch marks present in your body
Tips On Choosing A Korean Moisturizer That Best Suits You
First and foremost you need to know when deciding for a Korean moisturizer is the ingredients it contains.
This is a heads-up that not all Korean moisturizers will have a positive effect on your skin especially if you have specific skin issues like allergies or a high level of skin sensitivity that can easily get triggered.
Summarily, if you know your skin well you’ll know the moisturizer you need.
For skin types ranging from normal to itchy and dry skin, you need a thicker cream to lock in enough moisture.
For oily skin, you need a thinner moisturizer perhaps a bit runny, and can easily be spread.
If you want a Korean moisturizer to use as a day cream, do consider one that has sunscreen of at least SPF 30 and one that is oil-free to avoid looking shiny or buttery especially when you plan on wearing make-up after application.
For acne-prone skin, find a non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic moisturizer to prevent a breakout or any undesirable skin issues.
Lastly, for skin with eczema, there are Korean moisturizers that also target to alleviate this condition the best treatment can be found in specific ointments that are Korean too.
It is advised that you regularly use Korean moisturizers to see results sooner if your skin starts to experience a bad reaction to your moisturizer, discontinue immediately.
It is best to apply your Korean moisturizer after a good wash and when you have your skin left damp, this will help in achieving deep hydration while absorption.
Finally, more ingredients won’t always mean it’s the best, sometimes you just need to find Korean moisturizers with ingredients that your skin needs and are highly beneficial for your skin type; it’s okay to use more than one moisturizer but make sure you don’t overkill.
The real reason why Korean moisturizers became a global product is because of its unique and natural ingredients.
Whatever your skin type might be, Korean moisturizers will truly get your skin look and feel healthy as long as you do your research before you invest in what you think is the right one for you.
K-beauty industries are focused on manufacturing products for protection and maintenance but the best Korean moisturizers are promising in regards to treating skin issues.
Choose the best Korean moisturizer for you in this list and feel free to share a review or comment product recommendation down below!